As we finished the final month of 2017, we can begin to reflect on the year that was in the Reston mortgage and real estate market.
The Answer in 6 Charts
Colonial Mortgage Capital, a mortgage broker in Reston, VA, has been helping clients get approved and close quickly on a low-cost mortgage for many years. The little-known truth is that educated consumers choose to work with a mortgage broker instead of directly through a bank for several reasons.
The Aspiring Home Buyers Profile from the National Association of Realtors (NAR) found that the American public is still somewhat confused about what is required to qualify for a home mortgage loan in today’s housing market. The results of the survey show that non-homeowners cite the main reason for not currently owning a home, as not being able to afford one.
- Many buyers are purchasing a home with a down payment as little as 3%.
- You may already qualify for a loan, even if you don’t have perfect credit.
- Take advantage of the knowledge of your local professionals who are there to help you determine how much you can afford.
You’ve decided to sell your house. You begin to interview potential real estate agents to help you through the process. You need someone you trust enough to:
How do you select the members of your team who are going to help you make your dream of owning a home a reality? What should you be looking for? How do you know if you’ve found the right agent or lender?
After surveying 1,000 first-time and repeat homebuyers, the results revealed that 17% of homebuyers were surprised that closing costs were required at all, while another 35% were stunned by how much higher the fees were than expected.
Every homeowner wants to make sure they maximize their financial reward when selling their home. But how do you guarantee that you receive maximum value for your house? Here are two keys to ensure that you get the highest price possible.
- The National Association of Realtors (NAR) recently released their latest Existing Home Sales Report.
- First-time homebuyers made up 31% of all sales in August.
- Homes are selling quickly with 51% of homes on the market for less than a month.
- A limited supply continues to drive up prices for the 66th consecutive month.